Mission, Values, Ethics
Trufflepig’s Mission is:
Trufflepig exists to deliver transformative and joyful travel for our clients, in a way that’s respectful, protective of and beneficial towards the ecosystems and cultures wherein we operate, and which provides meaningful, sustainable and fair employment to the Trufflepig community.
What does this mean?
- We want our trips to change/enhance/open/blow our clients’ minds.
- We want to have a positive, protective impact on the ecosystems wherein we operate, and on the communities we visit.
- We want our operations to provide rewarding, sustainable, interesting work to our employees, and to the partners with whom we work.
Trufflepig’s core values are:
- We endeavour to be honest in our communications amongst ourselves, to our clients, and to our suppliers and partners.
- We don’t embellish our knowledge and expertise, nor our ability to deliver a trip or service.
- We give frank, informed advice: based on fact and informed by expertise.
- We share our own opinions honestly, which themselves are shaped by our values.
- We take responsibility for our mistakes.
- We decline work which requires us to contravene our values and code of ethics, or which leads us away from our mission.
- Curiosity and humility
- We are intellectually curious about the world.
- We value difference.
- We believe the joy of discovery comes from learning something we didn’t know before: curiosity leads to discovery through humility.
Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Code of Ethics
Balancing the interests of our clients, our partners and ourselves is a challenging role, and everyone at Trufflepig should communicate with honesty and act with integrity in doing so, recognising that the trust others have in us is slow to earn and quick to lose.
Code of Professional Conduct
Our internal Employee Handbook contains details on our Code of Conduct, Working Guidelines, Communication Channels, anti Harassment policies and Whistle-Blower procedures.